Filing Fee Waiver Request

Affidavit of Poverty

The Poverty Affidavit, also known as a "Pauper's" affidavit, can be filed by low-income persons (generally those earning below minimum wage) to request a waiver of the filing fee. One of the Superior Court judges will review your affidavit to determine whether your request will be granted.  If you file this affidavit, you must be ready to respond to the judge about your income and submit proof of income.  The domestic relations financial affidavit is used in conjunction with the affidavit of poverty to determine if you qualify for the filing fees to be waived.